All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn these wondrously strange and revealing stories, Tom Kealey chronicles the struggles and triumphs of the young and marginalised as they discover many ways of growing up. Their names are Merrill, Omar, Shelby, Laika, Winston and Toomey, but most people don't see them. They are boxers in training and the children of fishermen. They are altar boys in a poverty-stricken parish. They are assistant groundskeepers and assistant camel-keepers. They travel with the circus, care for disabled siblings, steal police cars and retrieve the stolen boots of a priest. Ranging in abode from Puget Sound, Washington, to Pamlico Sound, North Carolina, they are abandoned yet courageous and plucky children and teenagers living on the edges of society. Thieves I've Kwn is a collection of powerful, moving stories about the lives of a redemptive and peculiar cast of young characters who become easy to kw and difficult to forget.
- Author BiographyTom Kealey is the author of The Creative Writing MFA Handbook. His stories have appeared in Best American Nonrequired Reading, Glimmer Train, Story Quarterly, Prairie Schooner, and the San Francisco Chronicle. His nonfiction has appeared in Poets and Writers and The Writer. He received his MFA in creative writing from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, where he received the Distinguished Teaching Award. Tom has taught creative writing at Stanford University since 2003.
- Author(s)Tom Kealey
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleFlannery O'Connor Award for Short Fiction
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.