All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAh, Writ happens, Like the con men who rely on thieves' Latin to ply their trade, the poems in Peter Jay Shippy's award-winning collection don't play well with other poems. They are difficult. They rave. They are unsettling and blunt. They crash cars and ride tsunamis and hitch rides on tugs. They also provide a contemporary, ironic, and tender view of America, all the while layering wordplay, cleverness, and sentiment. Shippy's narrators dance like night writing ; they witness the reverse / side of actions and take a walk on the wing ; they feel thing but articulation and attach our planet to the highest branch ; they have a good feeling about most birds, and trust / that they are a friend to man. In other words, their condition is Beckettian, but they speak like one of Sam Shepherd's dusty road angels.
- Author BiographyPeter Jay Shippy holds a BFA from Emerson College and an MFA from the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop. His poems have appeared in Ploughshares, Epoch, Poetry Ireland, Another Chicago Magazine, Exquisite Corpse, Expression, Five A.M., Slope, X-Connect, the Harvard Review, and the Denver Quarterly. In 2002, he was awarded an artist's grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council and named adjunct professor of the year by the Gold Key Honor Society of Emerson College, where he has taught since 1987.
- Author(s)Peter Jay Shippy
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.