Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionJames Foster is a middle-aged Catholic Priest who's going through a midlife crisis. With unsubstantiated allegations of misconduct shadowing him, James reluctantly takes the advice of his Bishop. Take a temporary teaching assignment at the local university before things turn against him with his congregation. This is the best course of action the Bishop recommends, as the Archdiocese continues to receive news about sexual misconduct charges. Upon James arrival in his new position, he befriends Professor Frank Javan. Through a lifetime of scientific study and successful experimentations, Frank has finally perfected a machine that allows him to jump back in time. However the machine only works one-way. Faced with the reality that his new friend will take the next step and conduct a final test that sends him on a one way trip back in time, James has to consider staying behind and trying to explain Frank's disappearance or go with him. The question they face is what is the one event that is worth risking everything for?
- Author BiographyRobert was born in 1966, he born in Virginia and with the exception of his active duty in the Marine Corps in the mid-eighties, he has lived in Maryland all of his life. He lives with his wife and is the father of two great college age children. His love for writing started in school and in the Marine Corps, researching and writing stories about different subjects. He enjoys a variety of literature of multi-genre subjects, including history, religion (of all faiths) and intrigue. Thieves is his first published novel and by request by his readers is currently working on a sequel to Thieves along with several other titles in different genre's. I'm often asked about the premise behind Thieves. It would be easy for me to provide the basic details of the book, but I like get my readers thinking on a deeper level. So I ask this question of potential readers; If you could time travel, what would be the one event in history you would risk everything to witness? Everyone has a favorite historic period that they are drawn too. If they had the ability to witness that time in person, would they take the opportunity to witness the events in person? My writings go deeper than your basic novel, I like to draw the reader into the novel and get them thinking about alternative situations and the What If scenarios.
- Author(s)Robert Crawson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.