All listings for this product
Save on Atlases
- AU $11.79Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $31.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe word bogan has a bad rap; first impressions are still associated with flannelette, VB, utes and mullets. But this would be wrong. The bogan has advanced and needs new explanation, evolution has cursed (or blessed, depending on your thinking) us with a modern version. The bogan with money. The bogan with aspirations. The bogan with Ed Hardy t-shirts. The new bogan will t rest until it owns a plasma TV so large that Rove McManus becomes six feet tall for the first time. Today's bogan defies income, class, race, creed, gender, religion and logic. Now the bogan is defined by what it does, what it says and, most importantly, what it buys. Those who choose to deny the bogan on the basis of their stockbroking career or their massive trust fund choose t to see the real bogan. Many bogans are affluent and perhaps are working in that same stockbroking firm and sharing a Corona with you over Friday night drinks. They set themselves apart by their efforts to stand out by conforming as furiously, and conspicuously, as possible. The authors, six self-confessed sbs, have drawn on their friends, family, neighbours, workmates and that guy who always jumps the queue at the bar, to show the evolution of the 'much-loved' Australian bogan, their modern desires, and how we can either join them or mock them. This will be a groundbreaking sociological publication and, far more importantly, the perfect Christmas gift for anyone who has ever bought a Buddhist-themed water feature, Ed Hardy T-shirt or watched Today Tonight.
- Author BiographyThe six self-confessed snobs responsible for this maxtreme study are: Intravenus De Milo - Now living in Australia, smug in the satisfaction that he is pretty much the smartest person in the country, Hunter McKenzie-Smythe - Completed an Arts degree and skied the world until experiencing an epiphany and converted to Sunni Islam, Flash Johnson - Born from an egg on a Peruvian mountaintop in 1986, Flash set sail for Australia - the site of the world's most advanced bogan colony and now resides in Melbourne, Enron Hubbard - Since his arrest for civil unrest while defending battery hens, militant vegan Ron lives as a hermit, fearful of reprisals from angry bogans who value their low-cost, high-quantity egg and poultry goods, E. Chas McSween - Adopted at the age of eight, by visiting celebrity bogan Greg Evans and relocated to a household full of Ken Done prints and Jive Bunny CDs, Michael Jayfox - From the lush, bogan habitat of Victoria's Latrobe Valley. Initially planning to sell the bogan maxtreme products that it didn't need, he became distracted by the study of bogan creature itself, and began writing of its ways.
- Author(s)E. Chas McSween,Enron Hubbard,Flash Johnson,Hunter McKenzie-Smythe,Intravenus DeMilo,Michael Jayfox
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight276 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.