All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThings No One Will Tell Fat Girls is a manifesto and call to arms for people of all sizes and ages. With her trademark wit, veteran blogger and advocate Jes Baker calls people everywhere to embrace a body-positive worldview, changing perceptions about weight, and making mental health a priority.Alongside table guest essayists, Jes shares personal experiences paired with in-depth research in a way that is approachable, digestible, and empowering. Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls is an invitation to reject fat prejudice, fight body-shaming at the hands of the media, and join this life-changing movement with one step: change the world by loving your body.Among the many Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls that you don't want to miss:1. It's Possible to Love Your Body (Today. Now.)2. You Can Train Your Brain to Play Nice3. Your Weight Is Not a Reflection Of Your Worth4. Changing Your Tumblr Feed Will Change Your Life5. Salad Will Not Get You to Heaven6. Cheesecake Will Not Send You to HellIf you're a person with a body, this book is for you.
- Author BiographyJes Baker is a positive, progressive, and magnificently irreverent force to be reckoned with in the realm of self-love advocacy and mental health.Jes is internationally recognized for her writing on her blog, The Militant Baker, and for the Attractive and Fat campaign, a response to Abercrombie and Fitch's controversial branding efforts. Her extensive body advocacy work has continued to garner attention from hundreds of national and international media networks.When not blogging, Jes spends her time producing the renowned Body Love Conference, speaking at universities, taking pictures in her underwear, writing for several online publications, working with clothing companies to promote more plus size fashion, and trying to convince her cats that they like to wear sweaters and bow ties. Learn more about Jes at TheMilitantBaker.com.
- Author(s)Jes Baker
- PublisherSeal Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeal Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight224 g
- Width142 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.