All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn account of the extraordinary meeting between four brilliant political activists: Booker Prize winner Arundhati Roy, NSA whistle-blower Edward Swden, Pentagon Papers insider Daniel Ellsberg and acclaimed actor John Cusack 'What sort of love is this love that we have for countries? What sort of country is it that will ever live up to our dreams? What sort of dreams were these that have been broken?' In 2014, four people met in secret in a hotel room in Moscow. Each was a leading global advocate for government transparency and accountability: they had come together to talk. Over the course of two days, Arundhati Roy, Edward Swden, John Cusack and Daniel Ellsburg shared ideas and beliefs - about the Vietnam War and the Pentagon Papers, the NSA and the ongoing crises in the Middle East, the American government and the nature of activism. Co-authored by Roy and Cusack, and interleaving verbatim conversations with narrated recollections, this Penguin Special captures an historic moment. Interrogating the geopolitical forces that shape our world, it is both political and personal, activist and humanist - irreverent, funny and absolutely urgent. In Things That Can and Cant Be Said, Arundhati Roy and John Cusack issue a powerful rallying cry, a call to resistance against America's ongoing, malign hegemony.
- Author BiographyJohn Cusack (Author) John Cusack is an American actor, producer and screenwriter. He has starred in many films, including Say Anything, Grosse Pointe Blank, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Being John Malkovich, and High Fidelity. He is an outspoken political commentator whose writings have appeared in the Huffington Post. Arundhati Roy (Author) Arundhati Roy is the author of the Booker Prize-winning novel The God of Small Things. Her political writings include The Algebra of Infinite Justice, Listening to Grasshoppers, Broken Republic and Capitalism: A Ghost Story. She lives in New Delhi.
- Author(s)Arundhati Roy,John Cusack
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight75 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.