Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes, and Politics by Charles Krauthammer (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>From America s preeminent columnist, named by the </b><i><b>Financial Times</b></i><b>the most influential commentator in the nation, the long-awaited collection of Charles Krauthammer s essential, timeless writings.</b><b></b> A brilliant stylist kwn for an uncompromising honesty that challenges conventional wisdom at every turn, Krauthammer has for decades dazzled readers with his keen insight into politics and government. His weekly column is a must-read in Washington and across the country. Now, finally, the best of Krauthammer s intelligence, erudition and wit are collected in one volume. Readers will find here t only the country s leading conservative thinker offering a passionate defense of limited government, but also a highly independent mind whose views on feminism, evolution and the death penalty, for example defy ideological convention. <i>Things That Matter </i>also features several of Krauthammer s major path-breaking essays on bioethics, on Jewish destiny and on America s role as the world s superpower that have profoundly influenced the nation s thoughts and policies. And finally, the collection presents a trove of always penetrating, often bemused reflections on everything from border collies to Halley s Comet, from Woody Allen to Winston Churchill, from the punishing pleasures of speed chess to the elegance of the perfectly thrown outfield assist. With a special, highly autobiographical introduction in which Krauthammer reflects on the events that shaped his career and political philosophy, this indispensible chronicle takes the reader on a fascinating journey through the fashions and follies, the tragedies and triumphs, of the last three decades of American life.
- Author Biography<b>Charles Krauthammer, </b>winner of the Pulitzer Prize, is a syndicated columnist, political commentator and physician. His column is syndicated to 400 newspapers worldwide. He is a nightly panelist on Fox News s<i>Special Report with Bret Baier</i>. He s a former member of the President s Council on Bioethics and current member of Chess Journalists of America. He lives in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- Author(s)Charles Krauthammer
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publishing Group, Division of Random House Inc
- Weight653 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.