Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes, and Politics by Charles Krauthammer (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.62Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom America's preeminent columnist, named by the Financial Times the most influential commentator in the nation, the long-awaited collection of Charles Krauthammer's essential, timeless writings. A brilliant stylist kwn for an uncompromising honesty that challenges conventional wisdom at every turn, Krauthammer has for decades daz-zled readers with his keen insight into politics and government. His weekly column is a must-read in Washington and across the country. Now, finally, the best of Krauthammer's intelligence, erudition and wit are collected in one volume. Readers will find here t only the country's leading conservative thinker offering a pas-sionate defense of limited government, but also a highly independent mind whose views--on feminism, evolution and the death penalty, for example--defy ideological convention. Things That Matter also features several of Krautham-mer's major path-breaking essays--on bioeth-ics, on Jewish destiny and on America's role as the world's superpower--that have pro-foundly influenced the nation's thoughts and policies. And finally, the collection presents a trove of always penetrating, often bemused re-flections on everything from border collies to Halley's Comet, from Woody Allen to Win-ston Churchill, from the punishing pleasures of speed chess to the elegance of the perfectly thrown outfield assist. With a special, highly autobiographical in-troduction in which Krauthammer reflects on the events that shaped his career and political philosophy, this indispensible chronicle takes the reader on a fascinating journey through the fashions and follies, the tragedies and triumphs, of the last three decades of American life.
- Author BiographyCharles Krauthammer, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, is a syndicated columnist, political commentator and physi-cian. His column is syndicated to 400 news-papers worldwide. He is a nightly panelist on Fox News's Special Report with Bret Baier. He's a former member of the President's Council on Bioethics and current member of Chess Journalists of America. He lives in Chevy Chase, Maryland. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Charles Krauthammer
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintCrown Publishing Group, Division of Random House Inc
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.