All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionOpening on the eve of the millennium, when the world as we kw it is still recognisable, we meet the nine-year-old narrator as he flees the city with his parents, just ahead of a Y2K breakdown. Next he is a teenager with a growing criminal record, taking his grandparents for a Sunday drive. In a world transformed by battles over resources, he teaches them how to steal. In time we see him struggle through strange, horrific and unexpectedly funny terrain as he goes about the longer simple act of survival. Despite the chaos of his world, he keeps his eyes on the exit door, his heart open and his mind on what he thinks is going to happen next. Longlisted for the Guardian first book award.
- Author BiographySteven Amsterdam was born in New York and has worked as a map editor, producer's assistant, and a pastry chef. He has lived in Melbourne, Australia since 2003, where he works as a writer and palliative care nurse. His debut novel, Things We Didn't See Coming, won The Age Book of the Year in Australia and was longlisted for the Guardian First Book Award.
- Author(s)Steven Amsterdam
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight152 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- jizmond16 Feb, 2017by
A good read
I enjoyed this book - it wasn't what I was expecting! Generally you get a good book that has won awards and this didn't disappoint.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.