All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis history-based introduction to the study of religion introduces the main methods, theories and theorists in the field. This book engages with leading figures from the history of anthropology, sociology, psychology, philosophy and theology who have influenced the study of religion. It reveals how the study of religion evolved in response to great cultural conflicts and major historical events. It also considers the influence of inner experience, tacking issues such as human survival and wish-fulfilment.
- Author BiographyIvan Strenski is Holstein Family and Community Professor of Religious Studies at the University of California, Riverside. His previous publications include Four Theories of Myth in Twentieth-Century History (1988), Religion in Relation: Method, Application, and Moral Location (1993), Durkheim and the Jews of France (1997), Contesting Sacrifice: Religion, Nationalism and Social Thought (2002), Theology and the First Theory of Sacrifice (2003), and The New Durkheim: Essays on Philosophy, Religious Identity and the Politics of Knowledge (2006).
- Author(s)Ivan Strenski
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2005
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/03/2015
- Content Note10
- Weight636 g
- Width173 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.