Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionExamines Gender in Society Thinking About Women, 10/e by Margaret L. Andersen and Dana Hysock Witham examines how gender operates in every aspect of society. This title is interdisciplinary in its coverage, yet grounded in sociological theory. The opening chapters introduce readers to the underlying sociological frameworkand show how research on women and women's studies as a field developed from the feminist movement. NOTE: This is the standalone book. This title is available in a variety of formats - digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through CourseSmart, Amazon, and more.
- Author BiographyMargaret L. Andersen (B.A., Georgia State University; M.A., Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst) is the Edward F. and Elizabeth Goodman Rosenberg Professor of Sociology at the University of Delaware. She is the author of On Land and On Sea: A Century of Women in the Rosenfeld Collection (Mystic Seaport Museum); Race, Class, and Gender: An Anthology (co-edited with Patricia Hill Collins); Sociology: Understanding a Diverse Society (with Howard F. Taylor); Sociology: The Essentials (with Howard F. Taylor); Understanding Society: An Introductory Reader (co-edited with Kim Logio and Howard F. Taylor); and, Race and Ethnicity in Society: The Changing Landscape (co-edited with Elizabeth Higginbotham). Professor Andersen is the Vice President of the American Sociological Association (ASA) and recipient of the ASA's prestigious Jessie Bernard Award-given annually to someone whose work expands the horizons of sociology to include the study of women. She also received the 2004 Sociologists for Women in Society Feminist Lecturer Award and the 2008 Eastern Sociological Society Robin F. Williams Lecturer Award. She has received two teaching awards at the University of Delaware: the University Excellence in teaching Award and the College of Arts and Sciences Outstanding Teacher Award. She currently chairs the National Advisory Board for the Stanford University Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity and is the former editor of Gender & Society.
- Author(s)Margaret L. Andersen
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width181 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement10th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.