Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThinking Children investigates the concept of 'child' from a philosophical perspective. Its aim is to come to an acceptable definition of 'child', and it is anticipated that such a definition will impact on how those seen as children are perceived in society.The author first explores the tions of personhood, self and identity, before reflecting on historical perspectives on childhood and the inclusion of children as active, participative, political and philosophical agents within society today.Children and adults are placed differently society, and through coming to an acceptable definition of 'child', this book seeks to determine whether such differential status is merited. Thinking Children proposes that we might consider children as beings and t becomings, and empower them to be active and participative citizens, since they are able and adept reasoners.
- Author BiographyDr Claire Cassidy is a lecturer in the Faculty of Education, University of Strathclyde.
- Author(s)Claire Cassidy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight504 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.