All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThinking Critically About Media is a textbook for self-defence against manipulation by politicians, the media and assorted propagandists. Its interdisciplinary application of principles of critical thinking and argumentative rhetoric can be incorporated in a variety of university courses including the social sciences, communication, journalism and media studies. The authors identify the precise political positions of a spectrum of American media and journalists from left to right, so as to point students toward sources representing opposed viewpoints, with their typical lines of argument, in order to reach a comparative analysis. Other important issues dealt with include the various influences on political bias as propagated by sources such as lobbies, public relations agencies, think tanks and political advertising agencies.
- Author BiographyDonald Lazere is Professor Emeritus at California Polytechnic State University and is the editor of American Media and Mass Culture: Left Perspectives.
- Author(s)Donald Lazere
- Date of Publication20/07/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationE. Boulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.