All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe guru to the gurus at last shares his kwledge with the rest of us. Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman's seminal studies in behavioral psychology, behavioral ecomics, and happiness studies have influenced numerous other authors, including Steven Pinker and Malcolm Gladwell. In Thinking, Fast and Slow, Kahneman at last offers his own, first book for the general public. It is a lucid and enlightening summary of his life's work. It will change the way you think about thinking. Two systems drive the way we think and make choices, Kahneman explains: System One is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System Two is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. Examining how both systems function within the mind, Kahneman exposes the extraordinary capabilities as well as the biases of fast thinking and the pervasive influence of intuitive impressions on our thoughts and our choices. Engaging the reader in a lively conversation about how we think, he shows where we can trust our intuitions and how we can tap into the benefits of slow thinking, contrasting the two-system view of the mind with the standard model of the rational ecomic agent. Kahneman's singularly influential work has transformed cognitive psychology and launched the new fields of behavioral ecomics and happiness studies. In this path-breaking book, Kahneman shows how the mind works, and offers practical and enlightening insights into how choices are made in both our business and personal lives--and how we can guard against the mental glitches that often get us into trouble. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyDANIEL KAHNEMAN is Eugene Higgins Professor of Psychology Emeritus at Princeton University and a professor of public affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. He is the only non-economist to have won the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences; it was awarded to him in 2002 for his pioneering work with Amos Tversky on decision-making. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Daniel Kahneman
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight417 g
- Width130 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Read byPatrick Egan
- Contained items statement16 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1200
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $26.95
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.48
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $10.66Trending at AU $16.51
- AU $22.81Trending at AU $28.12
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.62
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.