All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionBurgoyne and Downey's text in Script Analysis covers all aspects of the traditional course, but in a framework that extends the subject beyond the needs of this course. While instructing students in the process of turning a written text into a performance, it uses the broad tool of critical thinking to provide students with tools that they will then be able to use in theater as well as in their studies in other courses -- as well as in their lives. Bringing the higher level thinking skills to script analysis enlivens the course while broadening its appeal to students who may well come from outside the theater major. The tools brought to bear throughout the book include challenging misconceptions, structuring the thought process, drawing from everyday life examples, carefully building skills one upon ather as the student masters them, encouraging students in group work, and providing direction in managing the student's thought and creative processes. The book thus uses the scope of script analysis to improve skills in close reading, critical thinking, effective writing, productive group work, and mental management.
- Author BiographySuzanne Burgoyne is Curators' Teaching Professor of Theatre at the University of Missouri. She was named a Carnegie Scholar (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) in 2000-2001, and was received the Association for Theatre in Higher Education's Outstanding Teacher Award in 2003. In 2012 she was a recipient of the Writing Intensive Teaching Excellence Award for her design and teaching of the course on which Thinking Through Script Analysis was based. Patricia Downey is an Assistant Professor of Musical Theatre at the University of South Dakota with special interests in movement and dance.
- Author(s)Patricia Downey,Suzanne Burgoyne
- PublisherFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUSA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.