All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionUrban water management is an important challenge for many developing countries of the world, characterized as they are by high development ecomics, rapid urbanization, and unregulated industrialization. With urban population increasing by 38.1 million from 2001 to 2011, infrastructure in Indian cities, including water supply, has come under ermous pressure. A number of solutions from rainwater harvesting to community participation and public-private partnerships have been suggested. This book argues against these fragmented approaches and presents an Integrated Urban Water Management (IUWM) framework for India. The author elucidates how IUWM takes a comprehensive approach to urban water services, viewing water supply, storm water, and waste water as components of an integrated physical system and recognizes that the physical system sits within an organizational framework and a broader natural landscape. He discusses how the policies for sustainable urban water management will be decided by the type of physical interventions, ecomic instruments, and institutional changes required for achieving the goal of IUWM. Since these would change across localities, the policies also will have to be different for different localities.
- Author BiographyDinesh Kumar is the Executive Director, Institute for Resource Analysis and Policy (IRAP), Hyderabad, India. He is also the Associate Editor for Water Policy, IWA Publishing along with being an editorial board member of the International Journal of Water Resources Development. He is also the Member Secretary of Society for Integrated Land and Water Management (SOFILWM).
- Author(s)M. Dinesh Kumar
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteTables - 36 and Figures - 22
- Weight582 g
- Width147 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.