All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the thirteen days in October 1962 when the United States confronted the Soviet Union over its installation of missiles in Cuba, few people shared the behind-the-scenes story as it is told here by the late Senator Robert F. Kennedy. In this unique account, he describes each of the participants during the sometimes hour-to-hour negotiations, with particular attention to the actions and views of his brother, President John F. Kennedy. In a new foreword, the distinguished historian and Kennedy adviser Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., discusses the book's enduring importance and the significance of new information about the crisis that has come to light, especially from the Soviet Union.
- Author BiographyArthur M. Schlesinger (1917 - 2007) was a historian who served as special assistant to President John F. Kennedy. Among his many works are the Pulitzer Prize-winning The Age of Jackson and A Thousand Days: John F. Kennedy in the White House.
- Author(s)Robert F. Kennedy
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication26/01/2000
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight150 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byArthur Meier Schlesinger
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.