Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.63
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionLauren Sheehan's career in medicine came to a halt after a sequence of violent events abroad. Now she's back in the safest place she knows--St. Helens, Wisconsin--cut off from career, friendship, and romance. Ben Hanson's aimless life bottomed out when he went to prison. But after his release, a surprising offer from his father draws him home. In Wisconsin, he finds his family fractured, still unable to face the truth behind his troubled cousin's death a decade earlier. As Lauren cautiously expands her world and Ben tries to unravel the mysteries of his family and himself, their paths intersect. Could each be exactly what the other needs? A compelling family drama and a surprising love story, THIS BRIGHT RIVER confirms Patrick Somerville's status as one of the most exciting young writers at work today.
- Author BiographyPatrick Somerville grew up in Green Bay, Wisconsin, attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and later earned his MFA from Cornell University. He is also the author of the story collection Trouble (Vintage, 2006), the novel The Cradle (Little, Brown, 2009), and the story collection The Universe in Miniature in Miniature (Featherproof Books, 2010), and his writing has appeared in One Story, Epoch, and The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2007. He lives with his wife in Chicago, where he teaches creative writing at Northwestern University.
- Author(s)Patrick Somerville
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReagan Arthur Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width148 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.