All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAn effort to further the discussion of the necessity of a fundamental political and social revolution in the United States, this collection contains essays by12 activists and authors, all of whom have demonstrated a lifelong commitment to revolutionary change. As inspiring as it is educational, this anthology is a must read for those involved with or considering advocating political or social change within. Arguing that reformist measures cant be relied upon to correct the fundamental problems caused by the corporate elite and political structure, the contributors are unified in their call for a significant revolutionary change in the United States.
- Author BiographyCraig Rosebraugh has been a political activist since the early 1990s and isa cofounder of the North American Earth Liberation Front Press Office (NAELFPO). He lives in Tempe, Arizona. Jalil Muntaqim is a former member of the Black Panther party, the Black Liberation Army, and is one of the world s longest-held political prisoners, having been imprisoned since 1971. Jonathan Paul Phoenix has been an activist for animals and the environment since the early 1980s and has co-founded Global Investigations, Forest Defenders, Sea Defense Alliance, and Ocean Defense International. He is currently serving a 51-month sentence at the federal correctional facility in Phoenix, Arizona. Jeff Luers was convicted in 2001 of the arson of three trucks at the Joe Romania Chevrolet dealership and attempted arson at the Tyree Oil Company, both actions occurring in Eugene, Oregon. His sentence is almost served. During his imprisonment, he has remained active in the struggle for social and environmental justice. Jake Conroy has been active since 1995 in a wide variety of struggles, including environmental, Native American, anti-death penalty, civil rights, rights, and animal liberation. He is currently serving a 48-month sentence for his role with Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty. Ronald Kuykendall is an instructor of political science at Trident Technical College in South Carolina. He is the author of Social Crisis and Social Demoralization. He lives in Greenville, South Carolina. Bill Dunne Inez was arrested in 1979 after the attempted liberation of Artie Ray Dufur, who was a fellow member of the San Francisco-based WellSprings Communion revolutionary group. He was sentenced to 90 years in prison in 1980. As a political prisoner, he has continued to be involved advocating for the disadvantaged from behind bars. Peter Young is a former political prisoner and the first ever prosecuted for animal enterprise terrorism. He has spoken at over 100 universities and events since his release from prison, speaking on the subjects of direct action, activist repression, and animal liberation theory and praxis. Rob Los Ricos is a revolutionary activist and former political prisoner. Jaan Laaman was one of the original Ohio-7 defendants, who were convicted of being members and militants of the United Freedom Front (UFF). He has been in prison for the past 25 years as part of a 98 year sentence. Ramona Africa is the sole adult survivor of the May 13, 1985 massacre of 11 members of the MOVE organization. Since her release from prison, she has worked on the behalf of the MOVE 9, Mumia Abu-Jamal, and all political prisoners and prisoners of war. Leslie James Pickering was a founder and spokesperson for the North American Earth Liberation Front Press Office. He is the author of Mad Bomber Melville. He lives in Buffalo, New York.
- PublisherArissa Media Group
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArissa Media Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCraig Rosebraugh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.