Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionExploding tins of beans over a campfire. Hammering down tent pegs in the rain. Marching for hours, singing for days, and playing 'Bulldog's Charge' at every opportunity. This is a story shared by millions of people worldwide, and in communities all across Ireland. This is a book that tells the story of one man's experience with the Irish Scouts, but, in the memories he evokes and the scenes he recaptures, this is the story of a simpler time of which we were all a part.
- Author BiographyAs a boy, the author travelled throughout Ireland and parts of England, Scotland and Wales with the scouts, meeting both the President of Ireland and the Pope in this capacity. He is a lifetime member of Scouting Ireland. After joining the Irish Air Corp, he travelled to the Congo with the UN, and was a recipient of the Military Service medal, United Nations Service medal, Nobel Peace Medal.
- Author(s)Archie Raeside
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), ports.
- Weight191 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.