All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.59
- AU $23.95Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.74
About this product
- DescriptionThis Side of Jordan, Monte Schulz's literary prose vel, is told in the voice of a lost generation hurtling toward the Great Depression. In the spring of 1929, 19-year-old consumptive farm boy Alvin Pendergast finds an invitation for a late-night slice of pie is too seductive to pass up and before he kws it, he crosses the Mississippi River and finds himself working for a slick con artist named Chester Burke, formerly a gangster out of Chicago. With Alvin in tow, Chester embarks on a series of bank robberies and senseless murders through the small towns of America's middle border, peopled with vivid, outsized literary characters. Fortunately, Alvin finds ather companion on his journey, a lonely, eccentric, and grandiloquent dwarf named Rascal. At first too ill to flee, too morally weak to object, Alvin must make a decision: stick with Chester, who would surely kill him at the slightest hint of betrayal, or muster the courage to stake his life on Rascal's clever plan (which includes a circus) to save them both. What Alvin discovers about the meaning of home offers a solution to escape and freedom.
- Author(s)Monte Schulz
- Date of Publication11/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.