All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn irresistible, vivid, and wise story of one woman's reckoning with loss and loveBlanca is forty years old and motherless. Shaken by the unexpected death of the most important person in her life, she suddenly realizes that she has idea what her future will look like. To ease her dizzying grief and confusion, Blanca turns to her dearest friends, her closest family, and a change of scenery. Leaving Barcelona behind, she returns to Cadaques, on the coast, accompanied by her two sons, two ex-husbands, and two best friends, and makes a plan to meet her married lover for a few stolen moments as well. Surrounded by those she loves most, she spends the summer in an impossibly beautiful place, finding ways to reconnect and understand what it means to truly, happily live on her own terms, just as her mother would have wanted. A refreshingly frank and ruefully funny portrait of a grieving daughter, THIS TOO SHALL PASS explores how our deepest relationships are changed by tragedy, with bonds often becoming stronger in ways we never expected.
- Author BiographyMILENA BUSQUETS was born in Barcelona where she attended the Lycee Francais de Barcelone. She obtained a degree in archaeology from the Institute of Archaeology at University College London, began work in publishing, and has since founded her own publishing house. She currently works as a journalist and as a translator.
- Author(s)Milena Busquets
- PublisherHogarth Press
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHogarth Press
- Weight318 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byValerie Miles
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.