All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis truck has got to be special! says truck artist Zarrar to Chinar Gul, a truck driver from Pakistan. Gul-who drives along the mountain roads of the Karakoram and the Hindu Kush-has finally acquired his own vehicle and wants it painted beautifully.As Zarrar gets to work, Gul waits in the yard, thinking about his many journeys, the splendour of the hills and the intricacies of truck art-until everything is at last ready and it's time to be off, on the road again!A richly imagined collaboration between a Pakistani writer, truck artists and an Indian illustrator, this book celebrates the energy and joy of Pakistani truck art as well as the artists whose skill and labour breathe life into it. All along, the bold graphic vigour of truck art tells its own story.
- Author Biography<b>Anjum Rana</b> is a Pakistan-based interior designer who works with truck artists on furniture, walls, household objects as well as objects d'art. Through the initiative Tribal Truck Art, she has helped develop opportunities and contexts for truck artists to practice their craft in sustainable ways. She is committed to bringing this art into mainstream cultural life and give it the recognition that it so richly deserves. Anjum Rana is a recipient of the UNESCO Seal of Excellence in Handicrafts Award in 2008. <b>Hakeem Nawaz</b> and <b>Amer Khan</b> are truck artists who work closely with Anjum Rana. They were trained from their early teenage years by elders in their family, and today are acknowledged masters of the art form. In the art projects they undertake with Anjum, they have retained their original brush-strokes, but have also grown adept at drawing on smaller surfaces as larger ones. Illustrator and designer <b>Sameer Kulavoor</b> lives in Mumbai, India. His work lies in the intersection of graphic design, contemporary illustration and art -- and he has his own studio, Bombay Duck Designs. He publishes artbooks and zines which feature characteristic mannerisms and images of urban life, design and culture.
- PublisherTara Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationChennai
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintTara Publishing
- Content NoteColour
- Width250 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.29
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.36Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.46
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.29
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.66
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $34.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.