All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionAt the end of the Diamond Sutra, in the Mahayana Buddhist tradition, is the famous four-line verse: Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting: A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream, A flash of lightning in a summer cloud, A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream. Richard Quinney, growing up on a farm, walking the land, working in the fields, tending the farm animals, and listening to the soft words of his family as the darkness folded into the night, has spent a lifetime contemplating the nature of reality. In This World of Dreams, a year passes as Quinney tells the stories that come, as in a dream, of things past, of the ancestors that once lived, and of the wonders of everyday life. The revels will end in this relative world of dreams. Yet the fruits of his year's quest prompt thoughts, more dreams, of an absolute realm beyond this dream world. He writes that we are the shepherds of our dreams, the tellers of the tales we share with others. We are the keepers of the wonders of our existence here on earth. Distributed for Borderland Books.
- Author BiographyRichard Quinney is the author of several books of autobiographical writing, including <i>Journey to a Far Place</i>, <i>For the Time Being</i>, <i>Borderland</i>, <i>Once Again the Wonder</i>, <i>Where Yet the Sweet Birds Sing</i>, <i>Tales from the Middle Border</i>, <i>Field Notes</i>, <i>A Lifetime Burning</i>, <i>Once Upon an Island</i>, <i>A Farm in Wisconsin</i>, <i>Ox Herding in Wisconsin, </i>and <i>A Sense Sublime. </i>His retrospective book of photographs, <i>Things Once Seen</i>, received the August Derleth Award from the Council of Wisconsin Writers. His other books are in the field of sociology. He lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Richard Quinney
- PublisherBorderland Books
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBorderland Books
- Content Note16 colour illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.