All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Geography is a major new course for Key Stage 3 Geography aiming to raise standards of teaching and learning. It offers: - Less content, more learning - a streamlined scheme of work which focuses on the essentials and which therefore allows teachers to do in-depth work on real world topics that really matter to pupils - Worthwhile and significant tasks - every unit builds, step by step, towards an engaging and significant final task. These tasks use the full range of learning styles to provide something for all pupils. The associated Teachers Resource Book, available in print and as a CD, supports this Pupil's Book with lesson plans and differentiated worksheets - for homework and class work. The lesson plans and worksheets are also provided on CD for you to edit and customise.
- Author BiographyJohn Widdowson is a geography teacher and author of successful and award-winning geography titles. He is the author of the Earthworks series - which twice won the Geographical Association's Silver Award for educational resources and of the Geography Special Needs Support Material used in hundreds of schools all around the country to raise achievement among lower ability pupils. He has always lived and worked in east London. He knows the area inside out and has seen plenty of changes. The latest, and probably the biggest, is the Olympic Park, right on his doorstep. 'One of the things that attracted me to geography teaching was its potential to get students out of the classroom and into the real world. As a teacher in east London, this is my classroom! So, as more and more schools started to arrive from other parts of the country wanting to see what was happening at the Olympic Park, I decided to offer them an exciting and worthwhile geographical experience. That is why I now run urban geography courses in east London. Like the 2012 Games, I hope it won't just be a four-week wonder.' This is Geography 3 includes a chapter on the Olympic Games, 'The Olympic Games and Paralympic Games comes to town - What's the secret of a successful Olympic bid?
- Author(s)John Widdowson
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication26/06/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleThis is Geography
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width215 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.