All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 1863 and 1876, the Rolls Series published several works from or about the abbey of St Albans, edited by Henry Thomas Riley (1816-78) under the rubric 'Chronica monasterii S. Albani'. This two-volume edition of the 'History of England' by Thomas Walsingham (c.1340-c.1422), who supervised the scriptorium at St Albans until 1394, appeared in 1863-4. Riley followed a fifteenth-century manuscript, Arundel M.S. VII, but the appendix to Volume 2 supplies additional material from an earlier manuscript, Brit. Mus. Reg. 13. E. IX. Modern scholars argue that this work, with several others previously published separately, belongs to a larger Chronica majora overseen by Walsingham, and that its complicated manuscript tradition reveals Thomas' changing opinions of Richard II and John of Gaunt. For over a century Riley's edition was ackwledged as authoritative for the central period 1377-92. The text appears in Latin, with English side-tes.
- Author(s)Thomas Walsingham
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Rolls
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 colour illus.
- Weight860 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byHenry Thomas Riley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.