All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.25Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives of great figures in history are full of inspiring and moving episodes. Young people especially can learn from these stories, gaining hope, courage, and even hints on how to live their own lives. Children everywhere benefit from reading about the lives of heroic achievers, and indeed, these stories are an important part of their education and growth. Shogakukan Biographical Comics is a series of biographies of inspirational historical figures in an easy-to-read manga format. These books are as fun to read as any manga, but the stories they tell are based entirely on historical fact. Every volume includes a map and a historical timeline, rounding out a package that teaches even as it entertains. The creator of over 1,300 inventions that have shaped our modern world, Thomas Alva Edison was truly the king of invention. The movie projector, the phograph, the storage battery, and the electric light bulb are just a few of the revolutionary devices Edison invented that have enriched our lives and even changed the course of civilization.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1957 in Tokyo, Tetsuya Kurosawa enjoyed reading and writing from a young age. He made his debut as a manga scriptwriter for a boys' manga magazine; today he writes mainly for young children's manga and occasionally manga for adults. He enjoys collecting classic toys and manga from the sixties and seventies. Tatsuyoshi Kobayashi was born in 1955 in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. In 1979 he won the 4th Shogakukan Newcomers Award for Comics and later made his debut in the manga magazine Weekly Shonen Sunday. Since then he has devoted himself to drawing manga for young people, producing over sixty book-length volumes.
- PublisherViz Media
- Date of Publication13/09/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleBiographical Comics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViz Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tatsuyoshi Kobayashi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.