All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first English translation of Thomas Harriot's seminal Artis Analyticae Praxis, first published in Latin in 1631. It has recently become clear that Harriot's editor substantially rearranged the work, and omitted sections beyond his comprehension. Commentary included with this translation relates to corresponding pages in the manuscript papers, enabling exploration of Harriot's vel and advanced mathematics. This publication provides the basis for a reassessment of the development of algebra.
- Author(s)Muriel Seltman,Robert Goulding
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/06/2007
- Series TitleSources and Studies in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight615 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.