All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.55
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
About this product
- DescriptionLocated near Charlottesville, VA, Monticello was the estate of Thomas Jefferson, built in 1772. It w serves as a cultural site and as a reflection of its intellectual and patriotic architect. In this fascinating story, readers spend a day with Jefferson as he and his grandson visit the vast estate. Readers will learn about Thomas Jefferson, the gadgets and gizmos that he created/invented and can w be found in Monticello, the famous parlor used for entertainment, the area surrounding Monticello, the work rooms of the enslaved on Mulberry Row, the gardens and fields and much, much more. The book is illustrated with archival as well as newly commissioned illustrations. It includes a timeline, bibliography and index.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Chew is the curator of The Thomas Jefferson Foundation/Monticello. Mark Elliott is an award-winning illustrator and has worked with well-known authors such as Gail Levine Carson, Archer Mayer, Anthony DeStefano, and Gregory Maguire.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Chew
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintAbrams Books for Young Readers
- Content NoteIllustrations and archival images throughout
- Weight626 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Elliott
- Format DetailsWith translucent dust cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.