All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1980s Thomas Schutte has created a highly individual, enigmatic and disturbingly diverse oeuvre beyond the realms of all trends and fashions. This year the internationally rewned artist is being awarded the Ernst Franz Vogelmann Prize for Sculpture. This publication provides a fascinating insight into more than twenty years of artistic development. Thomas Schutte has contributed in small measure to the revival of figural work in contemporary art and has developed sculpture and statuary art as an anti-sculptor, as it were. This lavishly illustrated volume provides insight into the multi-layered subjects and diverse artistic processes employed in his work, which encompasses t only bronze, wood, ceramic and steel but also unusual materials such as aluminium and Fimo modelling clay. From massively bulky women and gme-like midgets to monumental warriors or constructive thought patterns and architectural models: all creations bear the signature of Thomas Schutt.
- Author BiographyMarc Gundel is director of the Stadtische Museen Heilbronn. Rita E. Tauber is an independent author, lecturer, and curator.
- Author(s)Marc Gundel,Rita Tauber
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication19/01/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.