Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhy me? This is the question Almut Metzroth asked when horrid occurrences forcefully altered her life's course. She grew up in Germany during the 1930s and '40s amid turbulent political and military encroachment. The raw reality of war fought in her homeland made survival a constant struggle. At the hands of Soviet troops in 1945, she and her parents suffered periods of captivity and forced labor, deprivation, rape, hunger, and ever-present fear. After a courageous flight to West Germany, Metzroth and parents tasted personal freedom after many years without it. The fear disappeared but the new beginning caused much stress. In her book the author tells of her unshakable desire for happiness and fulfillment. Education is her vehicle to success. In college she meets her husband. Together they leave Germany for America and write ather chapter of their life as a family. When a teacher, Almut Metzroth shares her enthusiasm for learning with high school students. She takes them on trips to Europe to awaken an appreciation of foreign cultures and recognition of their common bonds. Reflecting on her success, she w considers, why t me?
- Author(s)Almut Hadwig Metzroth
- PublisherLa Maison Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication27/06/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLa Maison Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.