Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionLong before the blockbuster 2006 movie and bestselling book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, and long before Esther and Jerry Hicks' Law of Attraction, there was this seminal work of American practical spirituality by William Walker Atkinson. The text of this updated edition has been edited into gender neutral language in recognition of the author's desire to bring the insights of New Thought spirituality to all people. Gender neutral language is a subtle but important way to promote equality, and equality is at the core of Atkinson's thinking. This new, gender neutral edition will bring Atkinson's insights to a new generation of readers in need of these timeless insights.
- Author BiographyWilliam Walker Atkinson (1862-1932) was a lawyer, businessman, publisher, and prolific author writing under his own name and various pen names. As with many brilliant people trapped in a high pressure world full of demands not in sync with their spiritual nature, Atkinson suffered a mental and physical breakdown, as well as financial disaster. He found renewal in the Mental Science movement that took the American religious landscape by storm in the late 1800's. After his adoption of this mode of thinking, Atkinson regained his mental and physical health as well as his material prosperity. The movement that Atkinson credited with his rejuvenation would come to be known as New Thought, a uniquely American spiritual philosophy that would go on to contribute to 20th century American culture and religion in untold ways. William Walker Atkinson contributed immeasurably to the development of New Thought through his many books and articles and other activities.
- Author(s)William Walker Atkinson
- PublisherHudson Mohawk Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Mohawk Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byWilliam F Shannon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.