All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the seminal texts of graphic design, Paul Rand's Thoughts on Design is w back in print for the first time since the 1970s. Writing at the height of his career, Rand articulated in his slender volume the pioneering vision that all design should seamlessly integrate form and function. This facsimile edition preserves Rand's original 1947 essay with the adjustments he made to its text and imagery for a revised printing in 1970 and adds only an informative and inspiring new foreword by design luminary Michael Bierut. As relevant today as it was when first published, this classic treatise is an indispensable addition to the library of every designer.
- Author BiographyPaul Rand (1914-1996) is widely recognised as one of the most influential designers in the history of modern print. He was named one of the ten best art directors in history by the Museum of Modern Art and his numerous accolades include awards from the AIGA, the New York Art Directors Club and the Type Directors Club. Michael Bierut is a partner at Pentagram Design's New York office and a recipient of the prestigious AIGA Medal.
- Author(s)Paul Rand
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Noteb/w photographs throughout, jacketed
- Weight227 g
- Width161 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byMichael Bierut
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.