All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this ambitious theoretical encounter with five imaginary artists from the 1980s, John Roberts produces a set of richly constructed artistic thought experiments. But in creating the work on the page these thought experiments are t thereby velistic fictions. On the contrary, the fictiveness of each artist's work and biography is formed from Roberts's critical engagement with the historical and theoretical determinates of the work he has created - artwork and its theoretical engagement forming an interdependent whole.
- Author BiographyJohn Roberts is Prof. of Art & Aesthetics at the University of Wolverhampton, and the author of a number of books, including Photography and Its Violations (2014) and Revolutionary Time and the Avant-Garde (2015). He lives in London.
- Author(s)John Roberts
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Weight140 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.