All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBottom line: <i>Zits</i> rocks. It's incredible to think that <i>Zits</i> was only launched in syndication in the summer of 1997. Since then, the strip's leading teenager, Jeremy Duncan, and his mom, dad, and assorted friends have become a part of the American fabric and, more important, a part of our own families. Who else but cocreators Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman could so quickly work this magic through the more than 1,200 newspapers that w carry <i>Zits</i> worldwide? Now comes <i>Thrashed</i>, the 9th collection of this incredibly popular strip. All the usual suspects are here: Jeremy; his friends Hector, Sarah, and Pierce; and Jeremy's long-suffering mom and dad. The crew find themselves wrapped up in all the angst and anxiety that life can muster, from keeping the gas tank above E to understanding the meaning of life. Through it all, <i>Zits</i> maintains its focus on the adventurous-if-sometimes-pockmarked journey that teens take toward adulthood. This <i>Zits</i> collection of the past year's daily and Sunday strips is perfect for both teenagers and those who share residences with them, or ever did. Its warm and sympathetic tone brings humor and insight, even though the terrain is often rocky.
- Author BiographyZits writer Jerry Scott also is co-creator of the award-winning strip <i>Baby Blues</i>. He won the National Cartoonists Society's Reuben Award in 2001 for his work on both strips. He lives in Malibu, Calif. Zits artist Jim Borgman won the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Cartooning and the Reuben Award in 1993. Jim lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he is the editorial cartoonist for the <i>Cincinnati Enquirer</i>.
- Author(s)Jerry Scott,Jim Borgman
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Series TitleZits Sketchbook (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number09
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width216 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.