All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- Description<i>Thread Lines</i> departs from the typical assumption that drawing means putting pen to paper, framing it instead as an open-ended act in which lines can be woven, stitched, knit, even embodied. Featuring 16 artists who use textile in a variety of formats (embroidery, weaving, collage, performance), the expressive and conceptual possibilities of line are highlighted, with an emphasis on its making. For some artists the line functions as a direct extension of the body--a performative act or participatory event. Others work in abstraction; still others use the line as a means of addressing gender, personal narrative and politics. <i>Thread Lines</i> includes works by Monica Bengoa, Louise Bourgeois, Sheila Hicks, Ellen Lesperance, Kimsooja, Beryl Korot, Maria Lai, Sam Moyer, William J. O'Brien, Robert Otto Epstein, Jessica Rankin, Elaine Reichek, Drew Shiflett, Alan Shields, Lere Tawney and Anne Wilson.
- Author(s)Joanna Romanow
- PublisherDrawing Center, U.S.
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDrawing Center, U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.