All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionThreadbare presents the connections between the international sex and garment trades and human trafficking in a beautifully illustrated comic series. From the sweatshops of Cambodia to the traditional ateliers of Vienna, from the life of a globetrotting supermodel to the warehouses of large clothing retailers, from the second-hand clothing industry to the politics of the sex trade, Threadbare paints a concerning picture of human rights in a globalised world, as well as offering a practical guide to a growing problem few truly understand.
- Author BiographyAnne Elizabeth Moore is an internationally renowned and bestselling cultural critic and comics journalist. Moore is a Fulbright scholar, UN Press Fellow, and USC Annenberg/Getty Arts Journalism Fellow, and teaches in the Visual & Critical Studies department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She is a New York Times bestselling author and the founder of the Best American Comics series. The Ladydrawers Comics Collective publishes accessible comics, texts, and films about how economics, race, sexuality, and gender impact the comics industry, other media, and our culture at large. Collective members who contributed to Threadbare include Leela Corman, Melissa Gira Grant, Julia Gfrorer, Sarah Jaffe, Delia Jean, Ellen Lindner, Melissa Mendes, and Anne Elizabeth Moore.
- Author(s)Anne Elizabeth Moore
- PublisherMicrocosm Publishing
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMicrocosm Publishing
- Content Note1
- Weight226 g
- Width149 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.