All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionBook One - the #1 bestselling Threads West --winner of twenty national awards in the categories of Historical Fiction, Romance and Western. This is the namesake vel of the sweeping Threads West, An American Saga multi-era series compared by reviewers and authors to Lonesome Dove, Centennial, and Louis L'Amour. Called by some The Gone With The Wind of the West and applauded by others as rings true and poignant, as authentic and moving as Dances with Wolves. The tale bursts with the adventure, romance and promise of historical America and the West. You will recognize the characters who live in these pages. They are the ancestors of your friends, your neighbors, your co-workers, and your family. They are you. They are us. This is t only their story. It is our story. The epic saga of Threads West, An American Saga begins in 1854 with the first of five, richly textured, complex generations of unforgettable, multicultural characters. The separate lives of these driven men and independent women from Europe and America are drawn to a common destiny that beckons seductively from the wild and remote flanks of the American West. Swept into the dangerous currents of the far-distant frontier by the mysterious rivers of fate, the power of the land and the American spirit, their journeys are turbulent quests intertwined with romance and adversity, passions and pathos, despair and triumph. One thousand miles to the west of St. Louis lies the lawless untamed spine of the continent, the Rocky Mountains. Their energy draws this vanguard of generations to love and struggle in the beautifully vibrant but unforgiving landscape of the West. The personal conflicts inherent to these brave, passion-filled characters are exacerbated by a nation in transition, the budding enmity between North and South, broken treaties with Native Americans and the accelerating melting pot of diverse cultures that marks this magical moment in American history. The touchstones of the past are the guideposts to the future. This is the first vel of this epic saga--the tale of America, set in the West--the stirring story of many threads of uncommon cultures, differing origins and competing ambitions that entwine into the American spirit. Lives and generations are woven on the loom of history, propelled by fate and freedom to form the tapestry that becomes the whole cloth of the nation. It is uniquely American, this meld of the mosaic. In Book Two, Maps of Fate, the heroic but conflicted men and women of Threads West continue their dangerous journeys, pushing relentlessly westward, their paths intersecting with the trails of others, setting in motion generational liaisons that cant be foreseen. Momentous change will continue, igniting further greed and compassion, courage and treachery, rugged independence, torrid passions and fierce loyalties. The decades of the Maps of Fate era vels of Threads West, An American Saga book series become the crucible of the souls of generations, the building of the heart of the nation, the destiny of a people, and the relentless energy and beauty of the western landscape. This is the ongoing story of us. Set in authentic locations on three continents and in the jagged peaks of the Rocky Mountains, the life threads of the characters -- whose personalities are forged on the anvil of the land and shaped by the spirit of America -- live, love, struggle, die, fail and succeed. They have neither country r culture in common -- but the textured, complex and conflicted lives of these independent men and women become part of the fabric of the undulating landscape of the West, and are woven into the rich and adventurous tapestry of an emerging nation and the ever evolving American spirit. The adventure and romance of America, her people and her spirit and the West. This is t only their story. It is our story. It is Threads West, An American Saga.
- Author BiographyReid is fourth generation land and cattle, a rancher, and a multiple #1 bestselling author whose works have been honored with twenty national awards. His cowboy heart and poet's pen capture the spirit of the western landscape and its influence on generations of its settlers. His long-standing devotion to wild and remote places and to the people--both past and present--who leave their legend and footprint upon America and the American West, is the inspiration and descriptive underpinning of all of his writing. If your mind and spirit are seduced by images of windswept ridge tops, flutters of aspen leaves caressed by a canyon breeze and the crimson tendrils of dying sun...if your fingers feel the silken pulse of a lover and your lips taste the deep kisses of building desire...if nostrils flare with the conjured scents of gunpowder and perfume, sage brush and pine, and your ears delight in the murmur of river current...if your heart pounds at the clash of good and evil and with each twist and turn of interwoven lives you feel a primal throb, then I have accomplished my mission. Reid Lance Rosenthal Passion fuels each thrilling, history, action and romance-packed novel in this widely acclaimed five-generation epic series of the historical and contemporary American west. Threads West has been compared to L'Amour, and Centennial, and some call the series, the Gone With The Wind of the West.
- Author(s)Reid Rosenthal
- PublisherRockin' Sr Publishing
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockin' Sr Publishing
- Weight476 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.