All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionPinkerton Detective Tom Comfort travels to Highgrade, a frontier boomtown, in the Sierra Nevada mountain range of California, in 1878. Comfort's mission is to take charge of a shipment of gold bullion and protect the shipment from a gang of cutthroat bandits led by Mortimer Helshaw. Comfort's client is the beautiful and petite businesswoman Marguerite May. A whirlwind romance develops amidst gun battles with the murderous Helshaw. Informants give away Comfort's plans to the outlaws, and the story culminates in an exciting train robbery. This fast-paced tale is packed with action and adventure. You won't want to put it down. Inspiration for the story came from a visit to the real-life ghost town of Bodie.
- Author BiographyDouglas S. Santo is an engineering geologist and photographer. He was founder, president, and CEO of Arroyo Geotechnical and has served as principal and vice president at three other consulting firms. In his 25-year career, he has managed the geotechnical and environmental aspects of major infrastructure and development projects for public and private sector clients in California, Nevada, and on the East Coast. He has photographed major architectural works ranging from the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels to private residential structures. His photographs have appeared in magazines, books, calendars, websites, and a variety of promotional materials for corporate clients of all sizes. The author is a third generation Californian, born and raised in the San Gabriel Valley, which he still calls home. He lives with his wife and four cats. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Douglas S Santo
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byLesley a F Santo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.