All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the spring of 1914, rewned photographer August Sander took a photograph of three young men on their way to a country dance. This haunting image, capturing the last moments of incence on the brink of World War I, provides the central focus of Powers' brilliant and compelling vel. As the fate of the three farmers is chronicled, two contemporary stories unfold. The young narrator becomes obsessed with the photo, while Peter Mays, a computer writer in Boston, discovers he has a personal link with it. The three stories connect in a surprising way and provide the reader with a mystery that spans a century of brutality and progress.
- Author BiographyRichard Powers has been a recipient of a Lannan Literary Award and a MacArthur Fellowship, as well as a winner of the US National Book Award and a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize. He is the author of nine novels, most recently Generosity (Atlantic Books, 2010). He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Richard Powers
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight350 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.