All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionCraig Wright is one of the most widely produced, consistently entertaining playwrights of his generation. The three plays gathered in this volume Melissa Arctic (winner of the 2005 Helen Hayes Award), Orange Flower Water, and The Pavilion are all set in the fictional town of Pine City, Minnesota. The plays share a focus on love and relationships and feature a consistent undercurrent of observation and speculation about the nature of time. Melissa Arctic brings Shakespeare s The Winter s Tale into the present, retaining the original s captivating mix of the comic and tragic. A brutally frank exploration of marriage, Orange Flower Water examines the irresistible lure and poisous effects of unrealistic expectations within love, and portrays the inescapably compromised contours of relationships founded on adultery. The Pavilion, a lyrical and rueful homage to Our Town, is a meditation on dashed dreams and unquenchable hopes, set at a twenty-year high school reunion. In all three plays, Wright shows himself to be one of the most perceptive and engaging playwrights working today.
- Author BiographyCraig Wright s other plays include Recent Tragic Events, Molly s Delicious, Mistakes Were Made, and The Unseen. His plays have been produced at theaters around the country, including Barrow Street Theatre, Woolly Mammoth, and Steppenwolf. His work as a television writer and producer includes Six Feet Under (for which he received an Emmy nomination), Lost, Brothers and Sisters, and Dirty Sexy Money. He is an ensemble member of A Red Orchid Theatre.
- Author(s)Craig Wright
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content Notemusic
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byJane Hamilton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.