Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe author describes the drastic changes or revolutions that have occurred in the interpretation of the Bible during his own lifetime. The author uses his own experiences to describe these revolutions and to reflect on what consequences they have had for his own life-story. The first revolution was the introduction of the historical-critical approach. The Bible was interpreted as historical in a broad sense, t in all its details. In a Roman university the author later found that this broad historical verification of the Bible became more and more problematic. The second revolution is described as the Bible as Literature methodology. This approach puts aside his- tory and examines the Bible as a clever and subtle literary document which has controlled religious belief and practice but cant be substantiated as historical fact. There was a third revolution. Within the secular university scene, the author became involved in the study of anthropology and sociology. Judaism and Christianity were seen as religions amongst other religions; their sacred writings were seen as sacred writings alongside others. The new approach forces him to rethink the history of Israel, the relevance of the Hebrew Scriptures and Judaism itself; he also has to rethink the history of Jesus, the relevance of the Christian Scriptures and Christianity. This life journey should be of interest to those working in the fields of biblical and religion studies.
- Author(s)Robert Crotty
- PublisherATF Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationHindmarsh, SA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintATF Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.