All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guide to success in the changing HR leadership role THREE is the definitive guidebook for thriving in the ever-changing role of HR leadership. Itis written for high potential HR emerging executives who want to accelerate their effectiveness and business impact, and for the bosses, peers, colleagues, friends, coaches, mentors, and teachers who want to assist them in doing so. Centered around three critical and complementary aspects of the role, this book explores leadership philosophy, HR's evolving role in today's organizations, and the future of HR and effective organizations to help emerging HR leaders find and establish their place in the field. The interplay between leadership and HR competencies is clearly laid out, and lessons learned from CHROs and other HR leaders, as well as academic thought leaders, form the basis of authoritative coverage of crucial components of effective HR leadership, w and in the future. The discussion simplifies the relationship between business strategy and human capital strategy; balances the what, who, and when of HR leader development, and explores the themes, trends, and implications emerging in the HR field. You'll learn how to lead change, master the art of the question, build leadership and talent, create a performance culture, understand Boardroom dynamics, and learn tips and techniques from over one hundred of the very best HR leaders. The book begins with a comprehensive self-assessment, and each chapter ends with a self-assessment specific to that chapter. Also, a wealth of tools and checklists are included to help you start immediately applying what you've learned. HR leaders are under more pressure than ever to deliver high quality people-related solutions quickly and effectively, but they often don't have the broad foundational experience and perspective to effectively do so. This book provides the solution in the form of comprehensive examination and practical implementation of the critical components of the HR leadership role. * Develop a personal leadership philosophy, and behaviors for success * Embody the changing HR role to make people and organizations more effective * Ask the right questions and effectively engage other leaders * Create a performance-driven culture and anticipate critical resistance points * Anticipate and prepare for the future of work, organizations, and HR to ensure you remain relevant Today's organizations demand a broader array of cross-functional and cross-organizational perspectives to address complex multi-dimensional challenges and orchestrate practical solutions. THREE is the emerging HR leader's guide to acquiring the mindset and skillset required for success.
- Author BiographyIAN ZISKIN is President of EXec EXcel Group LLC, a human capital coaching and consulting firm he founded in 2010 following a highly successful 28-year career as a corporate business executive. EXec EXcel Group builds individual and organizational credibility through human capital strategy, leadership and talent development, and organizational transformation.
- Author(s)Ian Ziskin
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight560 g
- Width176 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.