All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1955, this volume contains three works by Friedrich von Hardenberg (1772-1801), the German Romantic philosopher and poet whose pseudonym Novalis was an ancient family name. The works, each given in the original German, include the only existing sections of Novalis's unfinished vel, Die Lehrlinge zu Sais; a selection of ideas published as a literary fragment in 1798 under the title Blutenstaub; and Die Christenheit oder Europa, an essay in cultural history. Of these, only Blutenstaub was published before Novalis's death in 1801 at the age of 28. This volume also contains a preface in English by Brian A. Rowley, which contextualizes the three works and offers a cursory description of Novalis's life.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2009
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight130 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.