All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe book describes three siblings' apportioning of linguistic and cultural space among three languages: Portuguese, Swedish and English. Parallel strategies accounting for molingual and multilingual language management shape a truly illuminating picture of child linguistic competence. Written by a multilingual parent, educator and linguist, this book is for parents, educators and linguists in our predominantly, increasingly multilingual world.
- Author BiographyMadalena Cruz-Ferreira hails from Portugal and received postgraduate degrees in linguistics from the University of Manchester, UK. Her main research interests are child multilingualism, multilingual phonology and intonation, and the language of science. Recent publications include a book on the language of linguistics (2003, Prentice Hall), articles and book chapters on child prosody and multilingualism, foreign intonational accent and Portuguese phonology and intonation. She has lived in Singapore for over 10 years with her Swedish husband and their three trilingual children.
- Author(s)Madalena Cruz-Ferreira
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2006
- Series TitleChild Language & Child Development S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 6
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight674 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.