Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThree's a Company is a comprehensive guide to the world of entrepreneurship that is rich in practical insight, humor, and information on the emotional and psychological aspects associated with successful business ventures. The process of achieving success inherently involves failure, and aspiring entrepreneurs need to kw how to cope with these outcomes just as much as they need to be prepared for the outcomes that accompany success. Drawing on the author's firsthand professional experience accrued during decades of work on both sides of the field of entrepreneurship, as well as the latest developments in academic research and teaching about business management, Dr. Tsvika Ben-Porat's fascinating book will impart lessons and outlooks that will enhance each reader's aptitude, ability, and confidence to create new businesses and to seize upon new opportunities. In the modern business world, risk is a given. Too often, new entrepreneurs wind up paying an extremely high price due to something that has thing to do with volatility, competition, or unexpected developments: a lack of experience. What is essential is to recognize this fact and actively move to correctly manage one's own process of maturation, seeking out a balance that will make it possible to walk the road of success without needless pitfalls. Among Dr. Ben-Porat's objectives are to help readers cultivate an ability to see things from a wide perspective, to develop a vision, and to reach a harmonious balance among the elements that motivate everyone: family, career, and time for oneself. Three's a Company details the challenges and obstacles to creating that balance, while providing anecdotes, examples, and philosophical reflections to inspire and sustain readers over the course of their own personal journey. With a chapter dedicated to each aspect of the process of entrepreneurship, including uncertainty, early planning, and the need to take chances, Three's a Company is an instructive guide that demonstrates how both the entrepreneur and the investor are engaging with risk. With this in mind, risks taken must be calculated, ecomic, well managed, and constantly updated. The book also deals with the subject of management, with insights founded on two main sources: academic research culled from the latest articles and books on the subject, and Dr. Ben-Porat's pragmatic and practical observations based on his many years of managerial experience. Three's a Company conveys many messages, applicable both in personal and professional matters. It also relies on multiple perspectives and their attendant languages and world views. By exploring personal thoughts and feelings, as well as the behavior of the individual entrepreneur and the interests of potential and committed investors, Dr. Ben-Porat reveals that it takes a carefully managed combination of these different perspectives to generate optimal results. It is a proven approach that can lead to either success or failure, but in the long view is the best manner in which to embark on the exciting process of taking a great idea or invention and turning it into pure business reality.
- Author BiographyEntrepreneur Tsvika Ben-Porat has extensive experience in the founding and direction of publicly-traded companies and technological start-ups. A graduate of the special program for PhD students in physics with a PhD in business administration, Dr. Ben-Porat has successfully established start-ups, acted as CEO and CTO of publicly traded companies and managed large budgets and many employees. Dr. Ben-Porat has secured hundreds of millions of dollars for both private and publicly-traded companies. His particular expertise is with building companies from the ground up-from a handful to hundreds of employees; from local to global operation; from private to public ownership. Dr. Ben-Porat is a frequent speaker on leadership and coaching skills, and he teaches classes as part of the MBA program at Ben Gurion University and a member of the Young President's Organization (YPO). Dr. Ben-Porat is married and has four kids, a dog, and two cats.
- Author(s)Dr Tsvika Ben-Porat,Tsvika Ben-Porat
- Date of Publication14/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid C Bedding
- Illustrator(s)Qurrota A'Yunin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.