Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores identity, postcoloniality and transnationalism - three closely related issues which redefine contemporary cultural identity. It opens with an analysis of subjectivity and the cultural meltdown that accompanied fascism in the West. The situation in Africa is then explored which, while recalling modernity's dark side, highlights the intricacy of postcolonial identity. Post-Soviet Eastern Europe presents a separate case of neglected postcoloniality which emphasises how ethcentrism and cultural tensions have exposed the fragility of transnationalism. The book concludes with an examination of East Asia, a region which offers transnational options potentially much more fruitful than Balkanization.
- Author BiographyJohn Burt Foster, Jr is Professor of English and Cultural Studies at George Mason University. Wayne J. Froman is Associate Professor of Philosophy and Cultural Studies and former Chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religion at George Mason University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/12/2002
- Series TitleTextures S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note7 illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJohn Burt Foster,Wayne Jeffrey Froman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.