All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionEdward Thring features prominently in all the educational histories of his period, and is seen as the foremost figure in independent schools in the generation after the famous Dr. Thomas Arld of Rugby. This book draws on new material and letters discovered in an archive. And archive it was assumed had perished in a fire; it shows just how ground-breaking his reforms really were; how sound or otherwise his methods of financing Uppingham were, and why he polarized people between passionate supporters and strong opponents. This biography also includes the bitter battle over who should be his literary executor.
- Author(s)Nigel Richardson
- PublisherThe University of Buckingham Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBuckingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe University of Buckingham Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.