All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionYouth and Family Services (YFS) are part of residential and group homes, schools, social service organizations, hospitals, and family court systems. YFS include prevention, education, positive youth development, foster care, child welfare, and treatment. As YFS has evolved advances in research have brought forth a host of promising new ideas that both complement and expand on the original underpinnings of strengths-based practice. Thriving on the Front Lines represents an articulation of these advancements. Thriving on the Front Lines explores the use of strengths-based practices with those who are in the trenches, Youth Care Worker (YCWs). Commonly referred to as resident counselors, youth counselors, psychiatric technicians (psych techs), caseworkers, case managers, and house parents or managers, YCWs are on the front lines, often providing services 24 hours a day. Thriving on the Front Lines is an up-to-date treatise on the pivotal role of YCWs and those who work day in and day out with youth to improve their well-being, relationships, and overall quality of life. Unique aspects of the strengths-based framework provided in Thriving on the Front Lines include: * Strengths-based principles informed by five decades of research; * Discussion of the importance of using real-time feedback to improve service outcomes and how to implement an outcome-orientation; * Exploration of Positive Youth Development; * Two chapters devoted entirely to strengths-based interventions; * An in-depth discussion of how to improve effectiveness through deliberate practice; and, * How to develop a strengths-based organizational climate.
- Author BiographyBob Bertolino, PhD, is Associate Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling at Maryville University, Missouri, USA, and Senior Clinical Advisor at Youth in Need, Inc. He is also Senior Associate for the International Center for Clinical Excellence (ICCE), and he maintains a private practice and provides consultation and training.
- Author(s)Bob Bertolino
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.