All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes 365 Short Extracts from the writings of Newman. The excerpts are presented according to the calendar, with a passage for every day of the year. The material is organised in reference to: The Church Calendar; and, Significant dates in the life of Newman himself. The bulk of the material will be taken from Prayers Verses and Devotions, Parochial and Plain Sermons, Discourses to Mixed Congregations, Oxford University Sermons and The Apologia and The Dream of Gerontius. This book is aimed at Christians who want a better kwledge of Newman and want to enrich their devotional lives with his wisdom. Since the beatification of Newman this year, there are more Christians than ever who have become aware of him, who have gained a taste of his ideas but who long to kw more. This book is aimed squarely at this large constituent of people.
- Author BiographyBernard Dive was for a time an editor at John Murray Ltd. He has degrees in English and Theology and a PhD from the University of Cambridge, UK. He is now a freelance editor and writer and writes frequently for the Tablet and TLS.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBernard Dive
- Introduction byBernard Manzo
- Foreword byRoderick Strange
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.